A dental implant can replace a single tooth, multiple teeth or can be used as part of a full mouth restoration system.
Implants are long term treatment option if cared for properly, and offer many benefits over traditional dental restorations such as crowns, bridges or dentures.
Dental implants help preserve your remaining teeth and decrease the bone loss that commonly occurs after dental extractions.
Two-stage dental implant procedure:
The initial surgery is to place the implant post in the jawbone and is usually carried under a local anesthetic. An incision in made in the gum tissue before a whole is precisely created. The implant is placed into the whole then the side is left to heel.
The second surgical procedure is shorter and takes place between three and eighth months later, at which stage the implant will be exposed and evaluated. This is a process to determine if the implant post has successfully locked into the jawbone. At this point, it may be necessary to make some changes. But, if the implant post has been successful, then the second surgical procedure is to create an opening in the gum to expose the implant and placing a post known as a healing cap.The final phase is to place an abutment into the implant and this will be used to hold a crown, bridge or denture firmly in position.
Long term success of dental implants relies on good oral hygiene. It is important to regularly brush and floss the implants and to return to your dentist for check-ups and cleanings.
If you want to better understand how dental implants might help you, feel free to contact Dr. C. Florin Arhiri. Here at Premier Smiles, our office in Main Line area, we can explain how dental implant function, and we can determine if you are eligible for this treatment. We can also discuss alternatives to dental implants: 610.647.7611.
The Long-Term Solution of Choice for Perfect Smiles
If you need to replace missing teeth, dental implants are a permanent, worry-free solution. Implants are comprised of an artificial root tooth composed of titanium that is fused into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. It provides excellent function and support, tightly locking into your replacement teeth (crowns) without slipping.
- Overall Success Rate of 95%
- Highest Success Rate of ANY Tooth-Replacement Option
- Nearly 50 Years of Clinical Research Backs Up Implant Claims
You Are A Good Candidate If:
- You are in good general and oral health
- You have adequate bone in your jaw to support implants
- Your gum tissues are healthy with no periodontal disease
- You are a non-smoker
- Even if you are a smoker or have health issues like high blood pressure or diabetes, you’re often still a great candidate.
Dr. Arhiri will consult with you to determine where and how your implant will be placed. Your needs will be discussed with the entire dental team, who will carefully plan a solution with detailed precision. Dr. Arhiri will create the crown and place the implant. The treatment plan devised for you will be custom-tailored to your particular needs. A comprehensive examination, including screening for gum health, x-rays, and impressions, will be conducted.
Next, Dr. Arhiri will remove any necessary teeth and precisely place the posts, or implants, in your jaw. Surgery lasts approximately 1.5 to 2.5 hours. Once stabilized, Dr. Arhiri takes an impression of the upper and lower jaws, from which a model for dentures or crowns are created. The implants will support a set of temporary teeth replacements immediately. Once the permanent crowns are fabricated, they are then fitted over the implants at a later date.
- Feel Better…Look Better…Live Better!
- Regain your beautiful and natural-looking smile – in just one day!
- No discomfort of ill-fitting dentures
- Never slip – eat comfortably again!
- Enjoy a full and varied diet – no restrictions
- No embarrassing, dead giveaway clicking noises like ‘false teeth’
- Never decay like teeth anchoring fixed bridges often can
- Bone loss unlikely – no need for bone grafts down the road
- Can last a lifetime if properly cared for – no repeat procedures or costs
- Does not require cutting down healthy adjacent teeth
- No day-to-day frustrations of removal, soaking, cleaning
- Restore self confidence without the stigma of dentures
- Overall improved quality of life
If you’ve been living with gaps in your teeth, or enduring the discomfort and inconvenience of dentures, isn’t it time you give yourself the gift of reclaiming your confident smile once again?
For more detailed info on dental implants, see our blog.