We often associate “cosmetic dentistry” with dental work which has the role to improve the appearance of our mouth, teeth, gums and smile. These improvements can be just cosmetics, with no functionality, but there are situations when some of these treatments can improve oral problems, such as your bite.
Nowadays, cosmetic dentistry is very popular, from whitening and shaping to closing spaces and replacing teeth. Many patients today want to have perfect smiles. This is the reason they search a cosmetic dentist who provides them with a boost in confidence, self-esteem and personal pride.
We all have friends or relatives who avoid smiling because of their crooked teeth. We may have friends that lost a career in modelling for example because of their ugly smile (we all know that in such areas of employment a perfect smile counts a lot). Nowadays our appearance is very important and cosmetic dentistry help us regain our self-confidence.
Types of cosmetic dental procedures
- Teeth whitening – is one the most used cosmetic dental procedure. It is not so affordable, but if you have stained or discolored teeth, this method will help you regain a bright smile. It is ideal for people who have healthy teeth and gums.
- Bonding – can repair chipped or cracked teeth, close gaps (if your teeth have excess spaces in between). It is among the least expensive of cosmetic dental treatments.
- Crowns – they completely cover a damaged tooth, with the main purpose to improve its shape and appearance. Crowns are similar to natural teeth and because of this no one will notice that you have a crown in your mouth.
- Implants – are a long-term solution for replacing missing teeth. Implants are made of titanium and provide the foundation for the crown. They are the best solution for people that are missing some teeth. It may be pretty uncomfortable for an adult to go to work if they have missing teeth. And implants are the solution.
Benefits for a patient who uses cosmetic dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry improves your appearance. Once your teeth look great, you can smile whenever you want, without being afraid that someone will laugh because of your cracked or stained teeth.
- It improves your self-confidence and self-esteem. A healthy and beautiful smile will boost your confidence. You will go to work with a big smile on your face, you will go to an interview with the same big smile, everyone will like you.
- Cosmetic dentistry may help you obtain a job as a model or an actor/actress.
The only disadvantage of cosmetic dentistry is that it is an expensive procedure. But the results are amazing. Before and after pictures demonstrates that cosmetic dentistry can change lives. A perfect smile can totally change the appearance of a person.
Dr. Arhiri knows and applies all the cosmetic procedures. In case you need a change in your appearance, in case you need a boom in self-confidence which can be obtained through cosmetic dentistry, do not hesitate to call us and make an appointment.